Interior Design Course After 12th- Guide
Introduction- Interior Design course
An interior designer course after 12th grade aims to teach the core design skills and information required to improve the appearance of interior houses and apartments, households, and offices. The majority of students select a career in interior design after graduating from high school because of the numerous opportunities it affords. Candidates who complete their 12th interior design course are entitled for a variety of benefits and privileges.
India’s art and design universities now offer a course in interior design. A career in interior design can be financially rewarding because interior designers are in high demand. Due to technological innovation and shifting lifestyles in India, the business has the potential to grow significantly in the future.
An interior design course after 12th offers an exciting and promising career path for creative individuals who have a passion for transforming spaces. Interior design is a field that combines artistic flair with technical knowledge to create aesthetically pleasing and functional environments. Pursuing an interior design course right after completing high school provides a solid foundation for aspiring designers to develop their skills and knowledge.
This course introduces students to various aspects of interior design, including space planning, color theory, materials and finishes, furniture design, lighting design, and more. Their goal is to translate creative design concepts into practical and visually appealing interiors. Through design projects, workshops, and internships, students are able to gain hands-on experience through both theoretical and practical components of the curriculum.
Diploma in Interior Designing
PG Diploma in Interior Designing
BA Interior Design
BSc Interior Design
BDes Interior Design
BArch Interior Design
MA Interior Design
MSc Interior Design
MBA Interior Design
INR 1,00,000 to INR 12,00,000
INR 30,000 to INR 3,50,000
INR 60,000 to INR 4,00,000
INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000
INR 10,000 to INR 5,00,000
INR 20,000 to INR 6,00,000
INR 1,26,000 to INR 1,50,000
INR 20,000 to INR 4,00,000
INR 80,000 to INR 2,50,000
1 to 2 Years
Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria for Interior Design Course
- Entrance exam for Interior Design course
- Top Colleges offering Interior design course after 12th
- Companies which provide Jobs in Interior designing
- Interior designing salary in India
- Career options in Interior Designing
Eligibility Criteria for Interior Design Course
- In India, 10 + 2 years of schooling are required for admission to interior design programmes. Any stream may fulfil the requirements for interior design courses needed to pursue a career in the field.
- A working knowledge of space planning, diverse textiles, colour schemes, and a commitment to updating your knowledge are requirements for becoming a professional interior designer.
- Technical drawing is used while analysing the arrangement of décor to create the area utilising interior design tools. Equip yourself with the skills necessary to participate in this game.
- Entrance exams or merit-based admission are both options for aspiring students looking to enrol in interior design programmes. various colleges may have various requirements for admission. However, some of the fundamental standards continue to apply.
- If a candidate has passed Class XII from a recognised board, they are qualified to apply for an interior design programme.
- Most colleges favour applicants who took Mathematics and Physics as a full-time study or an additional subject in their 10+2 education.
- Students must receive more than 80% on the qualifying exam in order to be admitted on the basis of merit.
Entrance exam for Interior Design course
Many universities and institutes base admission into interior design courses after the 12th grade on students’ success in entrance tests. The following are some of the most popular entrance tests for interior design courses after the 12th grade:
- UID Design Aptitude Test
- AIEED (All India Entrance Exam for Design)
- UID Aptitude Test
- IIAD (Indian Institute of Art & Design Entrance Exam)
- MRNAT(Manav Rachna National Aptitude Test)
- Pearl Academy Entrance Exam
- SEED (Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design)
Top Colleges offering Interior design course after 12th
Companies which provide Jobs in Interior designing
After completing an Interior Design course after class 12, an aspirant is free to work independently as well as with leading organisations. However, applicants should have a few years of work experience before venturing into the self-employment field. It would prepare ambitious Designers for impending problems and assist them in overcoming barriers efficiently. The following is a list of top recruiters who are always looking for skilled and competent Interior Designers.
- Gauri Khan Designs
- Design Qube
- Eternal Designs
- Unity Interiors
- Amazecraft Creation Pvt. Ltd
- Dreamcraft Creations Private Limited
- LUXE Interior Studio
- Arcmen Interior Design
- Urban Ladder
Interior Designer Salary in India
- An Interior Designer can expect to make an annual income of Rs 3,06.091. They can earn up to Rs 1,31,000 per year in the beginning, but with time and experience of roughly 2 to 3 years, the compensation can rise to around Rs 3,06,000 per year. An Interior Designer at the highest level could make Rs 8.84.000 or more.
- It should be mentioned that independent Interior Designers charge according to their whims, and the pay of an established Interior Designer might reach Rs 20,000,000.
In India, the salary for interior designers varies depending on the job profile. Designers from various fields typically earn varying incomes based on their talents and expertise. Even pay for the same job profile can vary depending on the individual’s ability. The chart below shows the salaries of interior designers for some of the top job profiles in India.
- Interior Designer (Average Annual Salary INR 3,00,000) – Interior designers research movement and make use of space patterns. To demonstrate preliminary notions, they create sketches or other visual aids.
- Industrial Designer (Average Annual Salary INR 6,00,000) – Concepts for items such as home appliances, automobiles, and toys are created by industrial designers. They make things by combining art, business, and engineering.
- Interior Decorator (Average Annual Salary INR 4,00,000)– An Interior Decorator’s responsibilities include sourcing furniture and materials, giving presentations, and developing designs with design software.
- Home Designer (Average Annual Salary INR 3,00,000) – A home designer is a specialist in the layout, architecture, and interior design of houses.
- Design Manager (Average Annual Salary INR 3,50,000- 4,00,000) – All design parts of a project are coordinated by design managers, who ensure that the project’s interdisciplinary teams work smoothly and that everything is completed on time and within budget.
Career options in Interior Designing
Interior designers have generally favourable career prospects, with employment predicted to expand faster than average over the next decade. As the population grows and the need for new housing and commercial space grows, more interior designers will be needed to plan and create effective places. Interior designers with great communication and project management abilities are more likely to advance in their careers. Interior designers can also work as freelancers or establish their own design firms.
Upon completion of the course, students can look forward to the following job profiles.
- Residential / Commercial Interior Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Home Designer
- Hospitality Interior Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Event Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Design Journalist
- Exhibition Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Interior Decorator